Camp and Youth OrganizationsAdventures in kiting await
If you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to use at camp or with a group of young people, kiting is just what you need.
Want to find an activity that is fun, affordable and easy to do?
We’re here to help.
Kites offer an affordable, hands-on activity easy to do in a community center or in the great outdoors. They’re the perfect activity for children of all ages and abilities, and can be assembled and decorated in a morning or afternoon and we know everyone will have a great time.
- Our Kite Kits come with everything you need to decorate, assemble and fly a kite – you provide the art supplies and the imagination.
- The kids will spend hours flying their personalized creations. When it’s time to go home, they can bring their kite with them and relive the memories time and time again.
- Our Kite Kits come with an easy to read and use Kites at Camp Guide, so you can infuse your project with as much or as little learning as you like.
Hidden behind the simple joy of decorating, assembling, and flying a kite our Kite Kits offer opportunities to:
• Build friendships and social skills and learn to be a member of a group.
• Promote academic success through mental stimulation and engagement.
• Promote personal growth and resiliency by stepping outside of comfort zone.
• Make time for active and imaginative play.
• Develop an active and healthy lifestyle that includes time outside.
We have seen so many times how much children love the experience of decorating, assembling and flying their own kites, and make positive memories that last a lifetime.
Inspiration for Kites at Camp and More
Kick off camp with a Kite Activity for everyone! The fun of decorating, assemblying and flying their own personal kites will create a sense of belonging and group identity that sets a positive foundation for the rest of your program.
Develop a day or week long camp theme around Kites. Learn about the history of human flight, how animals and insects fly, and do simple sceince activities to learn about the principles of flight. A final Kite Day makes an amazing culminating activity at the end of the week.
Introduce STEM and STEAM learning including the Engineering Design Process using our Kite Kits. Our STEAM Guidebook will help you every step of the way, no matter what level of experience you have with this important new teaching approach.
Plan a Kite Activity as a powerful way for young people to express their emotions through a creative outlet. We have seen how working together helps build a sense of safety and trust in the group through a shared expereince and acheivement of building and flying a kite.
Add our Kite Kits to your box of free time play equipment and let students’ imagination soar – it’s as simple as that!
Ready to explore the possibilities?
The simple act of decorating, assembling and flying a kites provides so many opportunities for learning and development. Here are just a few:
- Develop a strong group identity through a shared experience and achievement.
- Learn how to work together to solve problems.
- Pool knowledge and skills.
- Share responsibilities and roles.
- Practice consideration towards others.
- Have fun together as they create memories that last a lifetime.
- Share ideas and information.
- Refine thinking through disucssion and explanation.
- Give and receive feedback from peers.
- Challenge assumptions.
- Articulate and supporte a point of view.
- Cooperation and conflict resolution strategies.
- Problem solving.
- Celebrating the gifts each member brings to the group.
- Break complex tasks into steps.
- Plan and manage time.
- Follow directions to assemble something.
- Take risks.
- Tie different kinds of knots.
- Measure half.
- Collect and use materials appropriately.
- Follow insturctions without help.
- Decide what to do next.
- Solve interpersonal problems without help.
- Work through frustration when things go wrong.
- Experience the thrill of seeing something they made themselves flying high in the sky!
Make Time for Play
Having fun and playing is an important focus of camp experience! Throughout the year many children will not have time for the joy and freedom of spontaneous play. Free play is a safe space for children to express their thoughts and emotions, relieve stress, and just be kids again.
Connection with Nature
Kiting is an easy activity for people of all ages and abilities to do outside. Flying a kite requires careful observation skills – of wind speed and direction, the flying terrain and surrounds, clouds in the sky and more. The feeling of flying a kite high in the air, powered only by the wind is both exhilerating and humbling.
As a family of educators, we know all about developing learning resources – and we share our knowledge with our community.
Follow for simple strategies you can use today to motivate, engage and inspire your students.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY:
“The kites I purchased for Oak Tree School and Grizzly Hill School were a huge success. All the kids and teachers loved the kite experience. What a sight to see over 100 kites in the air and all those smiles!”
Grizzly Hill Parent Teacher Club President, CA